Major amendments are proposed to the Gold Coast City Plan in response to community and industry feedback. Key proposed changes include:
- Identification of priority growth areas at Biggera Waters, Labrador and Southport West, as a result of recommendations from Council’s Five-Year Growth Allocation Project;
- Amended setback and site cover provisions within residential areas;
- Reduced communal open space requirements (i.e. from 11sqm to 6.5sqm per dwelling for high rise accommodation);
- Changes to Environmental Significance overlay mapping;
- Building Height changes in limited areas; and
- Changes to visitor parking rates for Multiple Dwellings.
Council have asked for submissions in response to this amendment package by 11 November 2019.
For further information in relation to the amendment or development opportunities on the Gold Coast, please call Hayden Gianarakis.